If you are a somewhat normal person, you have probably heard about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge coming to Walt Disney World® Resort opening August 29th, 2019! News about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is EVERYWHERE, and for good reason!
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge sounds awesome, and it definitely sounds like something I want to see, but what is it really?
Is it a ride, a restaurant, a show, a shop, or something else altogether? Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is ALL of that. It is a new land at Walt Disney World® Resort. This new area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios® will surely make you feel like you are being transported to a different galaxy.
Sit down, and buckle your seat belts, because we are about to go explore everything that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World® Resort has to offer!
As you might have guessed, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has a new ride! You cannot have a new land at a Disney Theme Park without rides.
1. Millennium Falcon: Smuggler Run
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler Run is a family ride, with a height requirement of 38 inches. Your family will get flight training and then you can fly in the Millennium Falcon.
Shows, Entertainment, and More
Of course, a Star Wars themed land is going to have so much to offer to guests. If you are anything like me, you won’t be able to wait to try it all!
1. Savi’s Workshop
Here you can create your very own lightsaber. What theme will you make your lightsaber?
2. Droid Depot
At Droid Depot, you can design and build your very own drone. I bet you have been dreaming about being able to do this for quite some time now.
Dining and Drink Options
1. Oga’s Cantina
Oga’s Cantina serves drinks and food choices for all ages.
2. Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo is a Quick-Service station.
3. Ronto Roasters
Ronto Roasters serves grilled sausage and roasted pork.
4. Kat Saka’s Kettle
Stop by Kat Saka’s Kettle for some delicious popcorn.
5. Milk Stand (I’m most excited for this one).
Here you can try the blue or green milk that Luke Skywalker drank.
Dining plans are not currently being accepted at these dining locations.
Just like every other land at any Disney Theme Park, you will find shops to purchase the unique souvenirs and gifts. The shops at this new land have something for everyone in the family, such as: unique artifacts, apparel, plush toys, and other toys.
It doesn’t matter if you root for the First Order or the Resistance- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has you covered. The new shops are listed below.
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiques
- Black Spire Outfitters
- First Order Cargo
- Resistance Supply
- Creature Stall
- Toydarian Toymaker
1. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
Will you join the Resistance to battle the first order?
This attraction will open December 5th!
2. Star Wars Themed Resort
A date for the opening of the Star Wars themed resort has not been announced yet, but if staying at this new resort is on your bucket list, keep checking back for updates.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is behind Pixar Place, between Grand Avenue and Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
To enter into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, all you need is a valid park ticket to Disney’s Hollywood Studios®. Be sure to contact your travel agent as soon as possible, so you can get a ticket before the park reaches capacity.
All Disney Theme Park’s operating hours are subject to change.
Currently, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® operating hours are 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m. (some nights the park closes early, check with your travel agent for the exact operating hours for your trip).
From August 29th-31st, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® will be open from 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. This gives you an extra 3 hours in the park to be able to see Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Throughout September and October Disney’s Hollywood Studios® will be open from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., with Extra Magic Hours from 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
Dealing With Crowds Tips
Just like when any new land or attraction opens, the Walt Disney World® Resort will be more crowded than normal. Here are a few tips for dealing with these extra crowds when Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens.
- If Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is a must see for you, don’t let the crowds scare you off. Keep in mind that the park is open for an extra 3 hours for the first 3 days the land is open.
- Stay at a Disney Resort Hotel, so you can take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours Benefit. This will give you extra hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® when the park is less crowded.
- If Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is something you can wait to see, planning a trip when this land opens will still have its benefits! If you do not want to go to Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, spend your vacation at the other Disney Theme Parks. The other theme parks will be less crowded, because most people will be at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
- Prepare for the extra crowds. Make sure you arrive at the park early to account for waiting for transportation and lines at security. Also, make sure to get your tickets and reservations planned ahead of time!
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has much to offer for every member of the family. If you are not already a Star Wars fan, there is a good chance you will be one by the time you leave Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
I offer travel concierge services at no extra cost to you. If you want help booking your tickets, making FastPass selections and dining reservations, want someone to stay on the lookout for new promotions for you, or just want someone to be able to ask questions about your trip, then my services will be perfect for you! Fill out the form below, and let’s get started!
Latest posts by Alison Wilkin (see all)
- How To Get A Free Disney Gift Card - July 31, 2019
- All Shops At Epcot- Where They Are And What They Sell - July 30, 2019
- All Entertainment And Shows At Epcot - July 29, 2019